Family treated for smoke inhalation after Blackburn house blaze
A FAMILY has been treated for smoke inhalation after an electrical fire at their home in Abraham Street, Blackburn, this morning.
A smoke detector woke the house owner, her two daughters aged 22 and 27, and her three-year-old grandaughter at 7.10am, and they managed to leave the house themselves.
Firefighters spent an hour tackling the blaze in the living room, and making sure the house was safe.
Crew Manager Steve Horrocks said: “We’re guessing that that the fire has started because of an over heated or short-circuited baby monitor or mobile phone charger.
“There is quite severe damage to the living room, but luckily the door was shut, so that has negated the effect on the rest of the house.”